Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Paleo or Fail-eo!


My inspiration for this post comes from my dear friends Cathleen and Meghan.  They both started a "Paleo or Fail-eo" lifestyle in January and have been going strong with it for the past few months.  They spend their cheat days indulging in bowls of cereal, Chic-Fil-a and late night Fuel Pizza snacks but stick to a strict Paleo diet during the week.  Last night they invited me over for a Paleo friendly dinner which included Pesto chicken, baked asparagus, steamed cauliflower and salad.  I wanted to bring a Paleo friendly dessert so I consulted my favorite website Pinterest for some ideas.  I came across a recipe for "Banana Ice cream" and was shocked to find out the only ingredient.......BANANA'S!!   I really thought this idea seemed way to easy so I HAD to try it out!


Chop 3 ripe bananas into chunks and freeze till solid on a cookie sheet (this took about 30mins)

After bananas are frozen toss into a blender or food processor. 

The texture will go from chunky to a smooth Ice cream like consistency.  You can  eat right away for a soft serve type Ice cream or  place back in the freezer for a more solid texture. 

The results were a hit!  Definitely a cheap and healthy dessert.  We talked about adding melted peanut butter or some dark chocolate bits for added flavor.  Thanks to Cathleen for modeling her Ice cream! 


No comments:

Post a Comment